FSU College of Medicine
SUMMER INSTITUTE 2023
Welcome to the application portal for the 2023 Summer Institute!
Application Deadline: February 15th, 2023 at 11:59pm ET
Please read the following instructions carefully before starting your application:
- You must create a user account through this website to apply to the Summer Institute.
- To create an account:
- Go to the top right corner and click the blue “Register” button.
- Follow the instructions.
- Return to the SurveyMonkey application portal and click “Continue to site."
- You will now see a webpage that says “No applications.” Click the blue button that says “View Programs.”
- Underneath programs, you will see the program name (Summer Institute), open date and deadline, and a blue link that says “MORE.”
- Click the link, and you will see the blue “Apply” button to the right. Click the button to start your application.
- Once you have created your account, you may add a photo and change your password if needed by clicking on your name at the top right and selecting “My Account” from the drop down.
- If you need to log out and return later to continue your application tasks, you will return to the main application portal webpage and click “Log In” at the top right.
- You will have 3 different “Tasks” to complete on your application dashboard: The “Summer Institute Application 2023” form, Letter of Recommendation #1 – Science Teacher, and Letter of Recommendation #2 – Guidance Counselor or Academic Teacher. You MUST click on each task to start it. Letter requests are sent to teachers through the letter tasks.
- All 3 tasks MUST be complete BEFORE the deadline for you to be able to click the “Submit” button on the application dashboard. You may check whether your teacher and/or guidance counselor has submitted their letter by returning to your application dashboard, clicking on the letter task, and seeing if the recommender's name has a green checkmark beside it, with the word "Received." Your teachers will need to click the submit button on their recommendation dashboard (once they have uploaded the letter) in order for you to receive a notification that they have submitted a letter. The letter will NOT be completed on the applicant side until you click on the letter task and then click the blue “Mark as Complete” button. Please check often and follow up with your teachers as needed, since we cannot accept applications not completed by the deadline. Also, please be sure to remember to mark the letter tasks as complete in order to be able to submit your application.
- Once all 3 tasks are complete, you MUST click the “Submit” button at the left your dashboard before the deadline for your application to be considered.
Thank you for taking the time to apply for the Summer Institute. We wish you a safe and successful semester.
Please submit questions to Samantha.Buckley@med.fsu.edu